Agadir is seaside resort with a long sandy beach. Because of its large buildings, wide roads, modern hotels, and European-style cafés, Agadir is not a typical city of traditional Morocco,but it is a modern, busy and dynamic town.
Agadir is famous for its sea food and agriculture.
Located along the Atlantic Ocean, Agadir has a very temperate climate. *
The daytime temperature generally stays in the 20°C every day,with the winter highs typically reaching 20.7°C in Dec/Jan
- After breakfast This is a charming city and a veritable jewel of Moroccan tourism. In Berber Agadir means “common fortified grain store”. Built on a magnificent bay of some 10 kilometres of fine sand, Agadir enjoys constant sunshine. In 1505 the Portuguese travelling to India built a fortress here which they called ‘’Santa Cruz du Cap de Gué’’. In 1541 the founder of Saadian dynasty, Mohamed Echeikh El Mehdi, conquered the fortress. His son Moulay Abdellah El Ahalib decided to build a fort on the hill overlooking the port, the (Kasbah), designed to protect the town against European attacks.
The Kasbah dominates the entire city. It was built by Sultan Moulay Abdellah In 1572 and became prosperous thanks to the exports of sugar plantation. Then a visit to the port to seethe fleet and building industry.
- After an Optional fish lunch discovery of MODERN AGADIR : Completely destroyed by an earthquake in 1960 and as a result many people died. The history of Agadir dates back to ancient times when the Phoenicians founded the trading settlement of Russadir in the ideal surrounding of the bay of Agadir.
The Portuguese later used the city as a base for their discovery along the African coast naming it Santa Cruz de Cap Gue. We end our visit with the Moroccan residential area where you will see carpet making, leather work, wood and brassware.
- Optional dinner
After breakfast transfer to a HAMMAM : an ancestral ritual Turkish bath , relaxation with natural scented products, in a calm atmosphere. Purification bath is taken by the fiancée with her friends & relatives : A ceremony where the chaste gets involved in the good scents and where the flame of wax candles, lit for the occasion in the bath, are supposed to enlighten the path of the happiness. This rite gives rise to diverse practices and offerings in charge of symbols.
We suggest to rent a traditional Hammam “ Steam Bath “ in the Medina ( Old town ) : A public bath house comparable to the ancient Greek and Roman bathing practices . Where the locals go to clean their body, get a exfoliating massage with the black soap and a special glove for relaxation as well as for socializing .You can also try the Turkish massage, a rather violent massage that can make each of your bones squeak.
Or Go to a modern Hammam in Hotel Spa club to enjoy also modern massages & body and face treatment , indoor heated pool is also available for guests as well as a fitness room.
The wedding dress is usually a caftan, a sort of long robe made of silk, satin, chiffon, silk or other rich fabrics, and covered with a jacket. The dress is often open on the bottom and may have embroidery or sequined details, and may be retained by a wide belt at the waist that adds a stunning touch to the moment.
The bride is helped by "Neggafates" who are wedding master planners, since no wedding ceremony can occur without their presence. Their main task is to help with traditional Moroccan dresses, jewelry, etc. Neggafates assist Moroccan couple to look their best in their wedding ceremony combining know-how about Moroccan wedding, style and fashion taste with an adequate traditional touch.
The party itself takes place in a meeting room specially arranged for this Event at the a hotel. At the bottom of the main room is installed a rather high stage, on which are arranged two impressive seats where will sit down the bridegrooms, who can so be observed by all. On a side of the room, the musicians play and sing, tiring task, because wedding number ends at about 5 am in the morning! Once the guests were placed at their table, the orchestra band attacks the pieces of Arabian music or of Modern ; according to the choice of the bridegrooms.The young wife arrives in the assistance dressed in a white kaftan with matched jewels. She sits in a sedan chair, the "amaria", as her husband.
The bride is surrounded with "Neggafates", teachers of the ceremony and guarantors for the scrupulous respect for the bridal rites. They take care of the bride by dressing her, adorn her with jewels which they lend her, watch that the folds of kaftan always fall good for photos, manage her in the gestures, time the ceremony and the change of clothes.
- For beach Ceremony: see bellow
The Royal Atlas hôtel is one of the best hotels in the area with a very good Management .
He has différents wings to be used for exclusive events .
And a plenary room of a capacity of 700 persons equipped with the necessary audiovisual equipment. Special events as wedding can be organized within the hotel. The latter offers a wide choice of services banquet for the dinners
Magic and unusual venue for an unforgettableexperience
- Tents decoration:. On arrival at the Camp, you would be greeted in a big nomadic tent (made with camel hair). On the ground: Carpets, tables and traditional chairs & lamps.
- Light: Burning wood fire, storm lanterns and a light generator for the whole camp. Table set up (minimum basis): White or coloured napkins, tables and traditional Chairs
Dinner: Meals are served on a round table for 6 to 8 pax Sample of menu served during a seated dinner:
*Variety of Moroccan salads
*Tagine with chicken, lemon and olives
*Tagine with beef and prunes
*Mint tea & Moroccan pastries
Sanitary: Chemical toilets, toilets paper and soap, hot water, mirrors.
Entertainment : Folkloric entertainment, blue men with torch, dromedaries. Spitting of fire . Water carriers. Belly dancers, Henné, snakes charmer, monkey tamers,
Open air night club with DJ, stage, lightning
At 30 minutes from the airport , the Royal Atlas is situated in sea front, near the most beautiful golf courses of the country. Implanted at the heart of the city of Agadir;Royal Atlas possesses a unique style.. The light, the textures, the decoration and the colors outdo(subsidize,dominate). The architectural characteristics of comfort, design and harmony of the tones, confer a sophisticated dimension and a timeless charm to the hotel. Spaces, decorated in the pure contemporary style, offer an exceptional volume which soaks in the light.
ACCOMODATION & SPA
- 310 air-conditioned rooms with balconies & 28 suites and have modern décor and come with a flat-screen TV and a minibar.Each room has a private bathroom offering complimentary toiletries and some rooms have a sea view.
-Spa facilities available for an extra charge include massage and hammam treatments. Additional relaxation facilities include a fitness center, a sauna and a terrace where guests can relax surrounded by palm trees.
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools and Private Beach Areaare available
3 restaurants : Moroccan, Italian or international cuisine in the hotel’s stylish restaurants & bars …